I’ve got quite a list of resolutions to try and get done in 2019. Although I’m not sure I like the idea of the word ‘resolution’, it sounds like a lot of pressure. But then I looked up its definition.
I like the sound of making a ‘firm decision’ to do something. That sounds like a lot less pressure. Some of my firm decisions for 2019 are a continuation of 2018, maybe they just need a bit more effort and focus. So, here we go, my list of firm decisions for 2019:
- Going vegan – I blogged about this a couple of weeks ago so not about to bore you any further. Suffice to say, it will be the biggest of all the firm decisions.
- Running – I’ve always done a lot of running, but was looking for a bit more of a challenge. So the plan for 2019 is twofold. Firstly, I’d like to focus on improving my Parkrun time. Secondly, do a proper ultra event, I’m thinking a 100K might be quite interesting.
- RED January – I’ve always done Janathon (running every day in January) – but RED January is about empowering people to support their mental health by doing something active every single day.
- Volunteering – I’ve been a volunteer for the Samaritans for about 5 years, and I’d like to try to do a bit more. I already produce the branch newsletter but I’d like to develop this to include the branch website and improve the online presence of the branch. Also, I’m definitely going to volunteer more at my local Parkrun.
- Project365 – post one photo every day. This year I took part in 1SE – one second every day – which has been great, it’s interesting seeing the seconds ‘mashed’ together into the highlights of the month and year. I’ve done Project365 in the past so know exactly what to expect.
- Blogging – do it more. I quite like process of writing blogs – they’re never anything amazing – I just like the process on reflecting on what has happened. Posting a picture every day should also encourage me to blog a little bit more.
- Keep the allotment going – I’ve had an allotment for a couple of years and in that time I have learnt quite a lot. This third year I’m hoping to plan it all a bit better, try and spend a bit more time there and generally produce more stuff.
That’s about it. I have got a few more things I’d like to try and do in 2019, but I think that’s for another day. That is probably quite enough, and probably too much already.
Wish me luck.