It is less than two weeks until my first Endure 24. I’m running as part of a four person team: Team Scrambled Legs.
I recently asked for some advice and tips for the weekend, so I thought I’d share:
- Be prepared for all weathers – it was very wet/muddy a couple of years ago
- Pack plenty of running gear – change of kit for each lap
- Mix with everyone – support the solos
- Start slow
- Ensure you have a good quality headtorch
- Bring plenty of snacks – any other food is available from the various catering stalls
- Porridge and pasta pots are a good idea – so bring a kettle
- Bring plenty of socks
- Try double laps during the night so you get a chance for a good kip
- Flip flops for the shower – also a plastic bag to put clothes in
- Take shower stuff to start to save a journey back to tent
- Take warm clothes – it can get pretty chilly during the night
- If having a shower, get changed into clean kit, then layer up – then all ready for next lap
- Beware the hills – walk up if you need to
And the best piece of advice, given by virtually everyone I have spoken to:
- Have fun and enjoy it!
Any other advice or tips that you’d like to share?