I like to run. I’ve been running for ages. I love the fact that you can just whack a pair of trainers on and leg it out the door. So the fact that my latest challenge is taking place on a bike is slightly out of my comfort zone. But that’s good right? I’m always telling my students to get out of their comfort zone, try something new, live a little.
It is only in the last month or so that I have been giving cycling ago. In fact, the longest I’ve ever ridden is 40 miles, so to suddenly go from that to a weeks cycling is probably a bit much. But that’s what is going to happen.
So tomorrow it begins: 6 days cycle touring the coast of Norfolk.
The actual plan looks something like this:
- Leave early tomorrow morning and cycle the 40 odd miles to King’s Lynn.
- From there cycle the 10ish miles to the coast, near Hunstanton, and look for somewhere to wild camp.
- Then ride. Camp. Repeat. Following the coast until Saturday.
- Thinking of doing a Parkrun somewhere Saturday morning (there seems to be plenty in the area)
- Then head home. Camping somewhere Saturday night.
- Getting home Sunday.