Now that the whole Veganuary thing is complete I thought it deserved a little post. If you are an avid follower of the blog, which you’re probably not, in fact you’ve probably stumbled upon it whilst drunkenly trying to follow Kim Kardasian, you will be aware that I’ve been considering going vegan for some time. I also dragged my wife, Helen, along for the ride.
How did we do?
Well, we did it. We ate and drank an entirely plant-based diet for 31 days. Doesn’t sound very impressive when you say it like that. But, we did it.
It was a fantastic ‘journey’. We tried plenty of new food, experienced new tastes and had some great discussions along the way. And importantly, it wasn’t too much hassle.
A few highlights:
- Arriving at a pub at midday to find a Jack Daniel’s waiting for me because they didn’t know what beer to buy. Drinking Jack Daniel’s in the afternoon is a good thing.
- Some great finds: the Linda McCartney range of foods, the sausage rolls are fantastic.
- Being able to continue drinking Guinness.
- Feeling healthier and generally less hungry. Gone are the days when I return home from work and devour anything and everything available.
- Oatly barista edition milk – fantastic in coffee.
On top of all that, I feel great knowing that I’m living a more compassionate life.
Probably important to say, February 2nd and still vegan…